Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Renewed Effort

So i lied about the next post being about my room and life in school. Well, instead of that, let me share with you my BIG PLAN!

First off, let me share the reasons that sparked this "BIG" plan. I was reading one of the free reports that AC Nielsen distributes on their website titled "Trust in Advertising", and the headlines of the front page states: " 'Word of Mouth' the most powerful selling tool." Therefore, we have premise number one: word of mouth is a good selling tool.

Second, i can't seem to find the article anymore, but i think i read it off some news or marketing webpage. If i remember correctly, the article contains the idea that blogs are circulated in cyber-world much faster than company websites, and the power of bloggers as opinion leaders for consumer goods and products are continually rising everyday. This leads to premises number two and three: blogs potentially have higher traffic than a website, and have the power to influence the perceptions of people.

Finally, some singapore friends have been asking about the status of my love life which i do admit, is pretty much lacking in a certain perspective. Comments which i should not mention less they reveal these 'concerned' friends of mine and potentially lead to arguments, lead to premise number four: its time for me to get off my butt and starting looking.

This leads me to my big plan - a renewed effort in blogging to show how cool, funny, mature, interesting and desirable i am. Based on premises two and three, the traffic that my blog will receive can be HUGE, and will convince my readers of my good qualities. Following that, because of how IMPRESSED they are with me, they will start RECOMMENDING me to their female friends, where premise number one will kick in; word of mouth is a good selling tool.

So there you have it, my BIG plan of getting hooked up with some smart, cool, intelligent, and nice girl. =)

No comments: