Monday, February 26, 2007

chicken pox day four

temp: 37.5
number of poxes: like the trees in the amazon forest. (a lot of them, but there are signs that they are depleting like the forest)

i'm almost halfway through the journey of the "killing-me-not-so-softly" chicken pox phase. got to go for a review on day six, which is this wednesday. traces of pus have been spotted in some poxes.

today's devotional thought (or otherwise devotion with a chicken-poxed paul):

during day one of my adventure, my sis was still willing to walk into my room to chat with me and ask me how i am doing. but today, my sis was only willing to talk to me from outside of my room, though she has already went through chicken pox and shingles, the more advanced form of chicken pox. i'm not trying to pick on her; i try to avoid contact with my family members at home, even though most of them have gotten chicken pox before. so what is my point?

i was thinking about those lepers when Jesus was conducting His ministry. having to shout "unclean, unclean" as they moved around where people are seen, they part the crowd like how God parted the red sea for the Israelites. i bet family members will avoid close proximity with the lepers, for fear of their own life, as leporsy could be cured. but yet Jesus did not run away from them.

the one that accepted and healed those lepers, will embrace you and heal you, if only you will accept and ask Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey uncle paul!! get well soon!! stop counting the 'pox'!! continue to sponge yourself den.... take care!

miss prissy han..

paul said...

ermm .. ok .. sure .. hahah ..