Sunday, January 28, 2007

1) restraint

it often amazes me how difficult it is to understand some people. i wish i could enter into their minds and figure out what they are thinking about. on the other hand, a friend of mine mentioned that i am a difficult person to comprehend too. most probably because i'm too quiet and seldom express my feelings. while i would like to beg to differ, i cannot help but agree together with a pinch of denial. i try not to talk too much because i know if i rattle on without any restraint, my too direct speech will hurt someone, or offend someone that i do care about. it is definitely hard to balance restraint on my tongue.

2) overcoming distance

sometimes one begins to wonder if God is truly there when you need Him. but it is indeed amazing that when He reassures you, all doubts fade away. until we begin to open up cracks for doubts to creep in, His peace is so real that you can peel it off your heart.

3) His work

prayed for a dear friend at the altar today. did not want to pray for him at first, but could not push away the prompting of the Holy Spirit. i have great respect for this friend of mine, because i acknowledge his maturity. thus it also gives me great fear to pray for such a man of God. however, it is always God who is doing the work and not man. being His mouthpiece brought joy, as God reassured him through the unworthy lips of mine. it is human to say this, but you know God is indeed moving when you see a tear roll down my friend's face.

4) my heart

back to the point of talking about myself where people find it hard to know me. i think that i'm a relatively simple person, just wonder what is so hard to understand about a simple guy like me. but one thing i know is that my Father knows my heart so well that if you asked Him what the true desires of my heart is, He can put it in words much better than i can ever try to explain why 1 + 1 = 2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agreed with what you said (past 3 entries as well). i guess it is a growing up process which majority are experiencing.

As for cliques... well, i guess people are just comfortable with one another and would like to maintain the friendship in a way by being together and having the same 'wave-length'. it is also the comfort zone which one refuse to move on.